19 December 2011

KENYA : Samba Mjomba named 2011 Most Valuable player

After a splendid second season with Eagle Wings, Samba Mjomba was named the most Valuable player of the season 2011 during the finals of the Kenya Basketball Federation premier league played at the Nyayo stadium gymnasium on Sunday. Eagle Wings won the title with a 2-0 win over arch rivals KPA.
Samba was instrumental in her team’s 2011 success, she attributes the achievement to hard work, focus, self discipline and team work.
“I thank God for the season, it has been great and I appreciate the efforts by my team mates for making it happen. We have worked so hard the whole season to get back our title.” This is my first championship title in my career and so excited, there are better things to come.” She said.
To recognize her hard work, Samba received a trophy from Kenya Basketball Federation for being the most Valuable Player MVP,5,000 shillings from basketball initiatives and an assortment of basketball kit from michezoafrika that included playing shoes, protective gear and a basketball.
“Am so humbled to receive all this. Being named an MVP is not an easy fete, I just can’t explain how excited I am at this moment. Thank you to all of you guys for all the support, I will work harder to ensure I even achieve better heights next season and during the regional championship.” She added.
She joined Eagle Wings basketball team in 2010 from USIU- Flames.She was a student at Moi Girls high school Nairobi where she developed her basketball career.






Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?