23 January 2008

UGANDA : Rwanda’s Espoir eyes Blick

Sande Bashaija

Kampala

RWANDAN side Espoir are lining up an offer for basketball star Norman Blick. The two-time Most Valuable Player (MVP) is a free agent according to local basketball federation rules.

“We want to bring him on board,” Rwanda's New Times quoted Espoir President Ernest Ruzindana as saying.
Blick together with his brother Donald and Carrol Bisereko, who led Nkumba Marines to two successive national championships in 2005 and 2006 are also a target for newly promoted Kampala City (KCC) Lions.
After Marines failed to make last year's play-offs, Blick had trials with Espoir and played for them in the Gisembe Memorial tournament in November.

The lanky player is said to have impressed the club's management and further proved his competence when Marines beat Espoir in last year's Zone 5 Club Championships at Amahoro Stadium.

“I last talked to them in December but they are yet to get back to me. They had talked of getting me a job and helping me settle in Kigali so I could play for them,” Blick told Daily Monitor yesterday.

“I am weighing all my options and will play for the best club. But what I can confirm is that I am leaving Marines.”

Ruzindana said the 2004 champions are determined to bounce back after two lean years.
“The club has good players but height has been our major undoing so we intend to address this problem very soon (by signing Blick),"Ruzindaza acknowledged.

Blick has been one of the country’s top players since bursting onto the scene with Sky Jammers in 2001. He has won league titles with Jammers and Nkumba Marines.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?